Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Cuttlebug Spot ~ Inspiration

The Cuttlebug Spot, http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/, is having their 1st challenge of 2011. This week we get to pick a book that we have read and make a card. Well my book is by Nicholas Sparks ~ The Notebook. Who doesn't like a little romance! This book is about teenagers who fall in love and tells the tale of how TRUE LOVE is never smooth. Well this card is for my parents. My parents meant in high school, got married and had my sister and myself. The tale begins! They have been dealt a hand, for almost 18 years, that they never saw coming! Even though they never dreamed their lives to be this way, they always have the best attitudes and the perseverance to continue. Enough of the pity party for our family... onto the card! I wanted to make a simple card. I didn't want to make this look Valentinesish ( I know that really isn't a word... hehehe) but it sorta turned out that way! I used my spellbinders Classic Hearts and Classic Scalloped Rectangles. I hope you enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love the pink glittery hearts too!

    Tori xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. kim--this card is so pretty w/the glittered hearts and i love your bow. you know i struggle w/them ;p

    good luck w/the challenge and my best wishes to your parents who have remain strong during their trials and tribulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kim, thanks for visiting my blog, and yes, my room gets super messy when I am scrapbooking, but as soon as I am done, I clean so I can start messing it up again... :)
    HUGS, SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Kim and that book is a total tear jerker for me. My Daddy died of Alzheimer's so you can imagine... Thanks for joining us at TCS this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love the glitter effect!!

    ReplyDelete