Monday, February 18, 2013

MCT Scrapping The Little Things

Happy Monday & Presidents Day! Today Emma and the My Creative Time design team are back with "Scrapping The Little Things".



So for my layout I decided to scrap a picture of the first time we took out son to a local amusement park.  Our school district has a day reserved every year where everyone in the community goes. It used to be on a Friday in the beginning of May and we would have the day off from school. We no longer do it this way ~ which I actually miss ~ we go in June on a Tuesday! I so miss having it in May even though the weather is warmer in June. Just look at what we are wearing ~minus my son ~ I have a turtle next on with a sweatshirt. Note the hat too, it must have rained that day as well! Apparently this mother of the year only took ONE picture too! What was I thinking?? His first trip there and one picture ~ horrible! Plus it was at night too, my son is in his pajamas! LOL! Hot mess but I had to capture this moment for our family. Reason why is because we were asked to use the Emma's new "Fun Tickets". How perfect are they for this occasion. I am not real happy with this layout but that is okay ~ some days you just have to let it alone ~ right?? I will list all the other materials below ~ again trying to keep my posts short. Head on over to My Creative Time and see what all the other creative & talented ladies have created.

 
Materials Used:
 
My Creative Time ~ "Fun Tickets" ~ on left side
My Creative Time ~ "Stitched Fun Ticket Dies" ~ on left side
My Creative Time ~ "Treat Slider Box" ~  lower right corner & for sentiment above picture
My Creative Time ~ "Stitched Button Dies" ~ on carousel horses
My Creative Time ~ "Just Simply Live" ~ polaroid die & year stamped
My Creative Time ~ "Cherish This Moment" ~ sentiment above picture & Memories sentiment
My Creative Time ~ "Lowercase Fun Dies" ~ Kennywood
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ hemp for buttons
Cricut Cartridge ~ Carousel ~ roller coaster & carousel horses
Paper ~ DCWV ~ Paper {Playtime}, Simple Stories,Basic Grey, Paper Trey Ink & Recollections
Ink Archival and Versa Mark

19 comments:

  1. Oh Kim you pic is so darling the fact that you went and had a family fun time is what counts and it's not the amount of pics it's the fact you have achieved one awesome photo I love your LO what a sweet family thanks so much for sharing your pic and your sweet story. What a great gal you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim
    Love this layout! Very cute baby! I agree,
    If only we could freeze time to have our babies be babies forever. :o)
    Dinorah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so cute! Your story cracked me up, mother of the year! Hey, I'm impressed that you brought the boy when he was so little! Your layout is adorable with your fun carnival cuts, your shadowed title, and the cute tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable LO...great pics!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout Kim! Hey, one photo is better then no photo and your son is good, he has a hat on! It makes me so mad when people don't put hats on their kids!?! Anywhoo... fabulous layout!

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was on My Creative Time blog and saw your Kennywood layout! I'm a Pittsburgh gal! Great to see your beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your layout looks wonderful even if just one picture. Emma's products are great for layouts. The tickets and letters are perfect for your title and park theme. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a super cool LO Kim. Love the design, your family picture looks Adorable. Hope you had a great weekend. Have a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layout!!!!! Love the fun bright colors!!!

    And I think it is great you only took one picture 'cause that means you were spending your time having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly love the LO. I was scamming on the images you chose and used and thought the roller coaster track was a hoot for a background. And you are right, the tickets are a perfect touch!
    Kristi
    kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kimberly!
    I can totally relate to the (not enough pics) dilemma, it's so hard to take pictures and enjoy the moment at the same time, I think we've all been there. You did great capturing a photo of that special moment :)! I think your LO turned out AMAZING! Love your choice of beautiful vibrant colors to showcase a great family photo! Thank you for sharing :)
    Take Care!
    Suzanne
    suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great LO! I LOVE everything about this!
    GinasCreativePlace.blogspot.com
    babi96 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great LO!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the sweetest thing Kim! You all look wonderful! Look at that teenie tiny Ryan, always handsome! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such an AWESOME layout Kim!great family picture and I LOVE the carnival cuts,SO COOL!!!Have a GREAT day my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. how adorable kim! I think it's funny when everyone expects ME to have the camera. which I usually do, then I only take a couple of pics...or none at all. so I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello there sweet friend:) I hope you are doing well and had a sweet Valentines Day and I hope Ryan is doing great:) Your layout is fantastic and love to see your layouts so detailed with great pictures:) I'm off to check out the rest of you fabulous projects!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and your sweet comment! Have a fantastic day:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great layout! You know i have wanted to save my ticket stubs from various things we have done and either i dont think about it, lose it, or just plain forget....what was it i was gonna do? Anywho this is adorable!
    Hugs
    Deb c

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kim....I LOVE THIS! I think that bg paper is just perfect for the theme. Love the roller coaster and tickets, and well....LOVE IT ALL! Great job on that title too! Looks like a lot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete