Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thinking Of You...

Good morning! I hope all is well with you all! I just wanted to share with you a card I made using My Creative Time stamp and dies! I wanted to create something very clean.I have seen this technique so many times but have NEVER tried it! I really like the effect it gives. So you just take an embossing folder and ink it up! Then run it thru your Cuttlebug or Big Shot.  As much as I wanted to ink the edges ~ I did not (only on my roses did I ink) ~ beleive me I really wanted too!  I decide I wanted to use my XL label Die but cut that in half to put on the MCT  "Thinking Of You" sentiment! I am ALWAYS amazed how Emma's stamps and dies work so PERFECTLY together! I couldn't resist adding the roses ~ these are so simple to make. That is it for today! Another very quick post ~ I am so excited for quick posts!


Materials Used:
My Creative Time ~ "Floral Sentiments" ~ sentiment
My Creative Time ~ "XL Label Die" ~ die
My Creative Time ~ "Rolled Flower Dies" ~ roses
Stampin Up ~ Ink and Bird Punch ( leaves)
Paper Trey Ink ~ Paper and ribbon
Bazzill Paper
Embossing Folder ~ Bird and Swirls

20 comments:

  1. OMG!! That is GORGEOUS Kim!!!! I have that embossing folder, and I think I am going to have to try this.

    You just took the embossing folder, inked it and ran white paper through?

    Amazing card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat effect...I haven't tried this yet. Love how pretty this turned out...great flowers too! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, Kim! It came out gorgeous! I love the colors! Great technique - was it hard to get the ink off your folder afterward?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is Absolutely Gorgeous. My mom would love this card it's in her favorite color. This technique turned out Awesome my friend. Love it. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Kim.. Love how you inked the edges of the roses.. Definitely want to try this.. Very very pretty. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Kim,your card is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!my favorite color and LOVE the embossing,BEAUTIFUL job my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Kim! I've never tried that technique either, must now!!! The roses came out awesome with the inking, they look real! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous!!! I absolutely LOVE the embossing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wha can I say that hasn't already been said!!!
    This is as pretty as a picture Kim. LOVE that embossing. The lovely fresh colour goes beautifully with the roses. Perfection my friend!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely! Such beautiful colors and your flowers are PERFECT too! Great job my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous Kim!! Love the colors and love those flowers!!
    Awesome embossing as well!!!! I was playing around with this technique tonight..mine did not turn out looking this good :) Back to practicing!
    TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, FABULOUS!!!! I think that covers it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Card. I love the embossed inking and the color is my fav. TFS AJ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! Kim how GORGEOUS is this card??? LOVE the technique and that background sure stands out and gives the card a very elegant look. Fantastic choice on the colors too by the way and it's perfect without the inking:) Beautiful card.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Kim!!! I love how perfect and clean it looks! You did a fantastic job as usual! hugs!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. These flowers are beautiful. I don't have those dies, I probably need to put them on my list. I just got the cricut Artiste cart and lots of boxes i could decorate with them!
    Hugs,
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim this is beautiful,such a great effect.I've used this technique a few times but I get OCD about cleaning the folder afterwards!!
    Sorry I am so behind at commenting....but loving the Games and Opening Ceremony! Think I may be playing catch up during the next 2 weeks..lol!!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful Kim! You are so talented! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete