Wednesday, May 29, 2013

MCT ~ 3~D Wednesday

Hello crafty friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I know we did! We had some baseball games and a fun picnic!
 
 
Well today is Wednesday and that means it's 3~D Wednesday over at My Creative TimeEmma and the design team are hoping to inspire you all with anything BUT a card! I have to say again, I LOVE that Emma started this segment! I get so excited to see every one's creations!
 
Today I wanted to show you what we are starting to teach our son! NO ~ not the vodka bottle but how to not only recycle but save for special things! We thought it would be a great learning tool for him to save up any spare change we had, so we could take him on a fun vacation next year! Now obviously we are just going to do this by saving change, even though if I admitted how many red Solo cups we have filled with change in my house , you might just think we are hoarders! LOL!
 
 I really wanted to create a scene for us to focus on our goal! The "Stitched Journal Die" was the PERFECT size for my scene and bottle. I am in LOVE with this die and could use it every single day! I know it isn't fully on the jar but I have a reason for that! I plan on taking this off the bottle after we return from our vacation (next year) and put it in with all the photos I plan on taking! I LOVE how the "Stitched Umbrella Die" could be used for a beach umbrella! The "Stitched Oval Die" I tried to make it a surf board ~ not to bad right? Then for my beach ball, this was an after thought, I decided to use the little circle die from "Build A Banner Kit". I could have played with it a little more but I hope you all get the idea! My sun is from the stamp set "Fun Pockets". I just paper pieced it twice to get a little more rays. My sand is sand paper I borrowed from my husbands stash! I will list the rest of my materials below the picture!
 

 
Materials Used:
 
My Creative Time ~ "Stitched Journal Die" ~ base of my scene
My Creative Time ~ ""Have Fun In The Sun" ~ sentiments "Summer" & "Vacation"
My Creative Time ~ "Label Font" ~ date on surf board
My Creative Time ~ "Build A Banner Kit" ~ circle die ~ beach ball
My Creative Time ~ "Fun Pockets" ~ sun
My Creative Time ~ "Stitched Oval Dies" ~ surf board
My Creative Time ~ "Just Simply Live" ~ washi tape die with sentiments
My Creative Time ~ "Fly Away With Me Dies" ~ clouds
My Creative Time ~ "Stitched Umbrella Die" ~ beach umbrella
Paper ~ Ecko Park, PTI, Stampin Up
Ink ~ Versa Mark, Archival and Tim Holtz
Ribbon ~ Stampin Up ~ My FAVORITE ribbon EVER!
Sand paper and Cork board paper
 
REMINDER... The Designer Challenge hosted by Glora is still going on! You have until June 1st. Click here for ALL the details!
 
Thanks for stopping by and head on over to Emma's blog, click here, to see what these AMAZINGLY talented ladies have for us today!
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. WOWZERS girl this is awesome!!!! What a super fun project!!! I LOVE all the MCT products you used and I am so lifting that "scene" idea...who would have thought....LOL!!
    Awesome idea and hope that jar is overflowing for your trip soon :)
    Have a GREAT hump day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute scene you did a fantastic job here gosh so love it and gotta say love your funny story you have an awesome sense of humor it's early early here in MI so what a gr8 way to start my day with some LOL moments. Your talent always shines I did have to go get my sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim this is so awesome! Such a great idea too! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just DARLING!!! What a fabulous idea for a project!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, this is really just the cutest thing ever! Not only the idea, which is think is brilliant (and I'm glad you're not teaching Ryan to drink Vodka), but your design is just so bright and happy! You'll love having this out where you can see it all year!!! Oh, and your scene sure looks like CA to me. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm...I just might have to drink me a bottle just so I can do this! Very cute, super idea Kim...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is a cute way to recycle!!! Have to say I was cracking up that is was a vodka bottle :) And.. that you had to qualify that you were teaching your son to "recycle" the bottle, not to drink vodka!!!
    The little beach scene is adorable!!!

    Please forgive me for not being by lately, I'll be stalking your blog as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE THIS! Seriously looks Awesome my friend. It's just beyond perfect. I should start doing this for my family, I used bottles to collect all my pennies too but never decorated as beautiful as this. Hope you have an awesome day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful idea to save up and use the tag on a page later. No waste. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim this is the craziest, cutest, useful creation! I LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooooo clever Kim! This is so useful and a great decorative piece too! Have a great day! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is so clever! Great idea Kim! And its beautiful as always! Great job my friend! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute bottle to save change in!! We saved change and you can't believe how it adds up. We don't seem to use change so it gets thrown here and there but now we have a jar. Great job, surf board and all the elements are so adorable! Drink up the vodka and dream of the vacation to come!!
    Hugs,
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've created the PERFECT summer scene! Love it! And, what a great use for the bottle, it will be fun to see those coins add up. I love everything about this ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ms Kim...is this ever AWESOME!! I absolutely adore the scene and all the MCT products you used...wow, I need to get busy crafting with my new stuff I just got! That is such a great idea to teach your little guy about recycling!
    Love visiting you..you are so creative and talented:) Never would have thought to decorate up a vodka bottle...I am sure we have a few of those around, lol!!
    Have a super weekend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a super cute idea! You could make them for just about any occasion. LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete