Thursday, June 6, 2013

MCT Designer Challenge

 
 
Good morning! I hope you all are having a wonderful week! I know we have here with all the beautiful weather. So with all that said, today is a "new" Designer Challenge over at My Creative Time! This challenge is hosted by the very talented Miss Leanne. She is having a "sketch" challenge. You can hop on over to Emma's blog for all the details and to see all the other awesome creations.
 
So for my card I needed to come up with a very quick and easy card for my son's teachers. Today is his last day of 1st grade. He did such an amazing job this year and we are so proud of him! Way to go Ryan! Any way his teacher this year was just incredible, actually his school is filled with amazing teachers. So I wanted to thank her and a few others who love my son, along with all the other students at his school, with a card. As I am typing this, let me say this is going to be a long night because I haven't finished them yet! YIKES! LOL
 
Here are a few little details about my card. As you all probably know chalkboards are almost extinct. His class uses smart boards and I Pads. Go figure! But I thought Emma's "Stitched "Capture" Frame with Arrow Die" would make the cutest chalkboard! I did heat emboss my sentiments and tried to smudge a little white ink on the chalkboard paper. I must practice this technique. I rolled a piece of white paper for chalk. Then as I was looking at it I thought I needed to break up the background paper but with what! Well the "Stitched Journal Die" was the PERFECT choice. I just ADORE these 2 dies especially together! The embossing on them are by far superb!
 
See simple, quick and so easy to mass produce in no time! Alright head on over to see everyone else creations ~ I am sure you will LOVE them!
 
 
Materials Used:
 
"My Teacher Rocks" ~ sentiments
Papers ~ PTI and Recollections
Ribbon from J's
Ink ~ Versa Mark and A' La Mode
Stampin Up ~ Embossing powder
 

9 comments:

  1. OMG this is so Kool when I first saw this i thought it actually was done on that chalkboard paper so wow you did an awesome job.....thanks for the fantastic idea the teachers are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Kim! The whole layout is adorable, and I love the papers you used! The teachers will love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card Kim! Love the papers, that ribbon and those stamps and dies are perfect!!
    FAB take on the sketch!!!!
    Hope all is well with you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so Pretty. Love your card my friend. Congratulations Ryan! Enjoy your Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this fun card! The chalkboard looks fabulous and I love the piece of chalk you created - how fun! Beautiful card Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card! Even though the real boards are not used much I am sure the teachers will love these thoughtful cards. Hope you get these done quickly and get some sleep in :D Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this!! Love the chalkboard style card it is awesome!!
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable!!!! The teachers will LOVE it!!! The little piece of chalk is so cute :) Beautiful bow as always!!!!

    ReplyDelete