Wednesday, November 2, 2016

MCT ~ What A Treat Wednesday

Good morning! Today is What A Treat Wednesday over at My Creative Time with Emma and the design team! I truly love these project days because it can be any type of treat holder or 3~D project.
So I know Halloween was 2 days ago but I thought I would share a simple treat/game I did for my son's class for their Halloween party.
I was inspired by a few projects I saw on Pinterest. Not one in particular, so I don't have a  link to share.
All you have to do is buy a poster board, I used a black foam one and drill as many holes as you need for each student. My husband used some woodboring drill bit that fit orange Solo cups. I cut out tissue paper that would fit around the cups and fastened the tissue paper with rubber bands. But before you cover the cups with the tissue paper, you need to number and decorate your tissue paper. I used the Number Fun Dies + Add Ons, so each cup was numbered. Then I simple used Spooky Time to dress them up just a tad more. As you can see I only need 21 cups. I stuffed each cup with candy and one lucky person ( #13) received something extra. Since I wanted to add a sign but was under time constraints, I simple printed what I wanted it to say and added some extra embellishments. I did use some clip art for my leaves and stem. All my numbers and embellishments were done in vinyl, makes things easier to adhere to the tissue paper and less mess! I filled in some of the spaces with extra tissue paper.
I had each student pick a folded piece of paper from an extra Solo cup that had a number on it. They went over and punched out the cup with the number they picked!
Something to think about for next Halloween. It does take a little time to assemble but super easy to do!

Materials Used:
Paper ~ PTI
Vinyl
tissue paper


Be sure to stop by Emma's blog to see what she and the rest of the design team have for you today!
Solo cups

4 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Kimberly How Super Cool is your Project.....Bet the Kiddos loved it and had lots of fun playing your Halloween Cup game. You did one outstanding creative job too!! Definitely fun ways you used Miss Emma's goodies. You are one Awesome mom!! TFS!! YOU DO ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! This turned out so darn cute, Kim!!! I bet the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable game idea! I bet the kids had fun with this one :D Great job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Super fun idea Kim!!! I am sure the kiddo's LOVED it!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete