Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cottage Blog Challenge #1

Hello and happy Sunday! I have ALWAYS admired Janice from Stamping With Janice. She does AMAZING creations not just with stamps but with Scrappin Cottage Dies. Well I hopped over to her blog the other day, she did this BEAUTIFUL card. So  I read her post to find out there is another challenge blog. This is their 1st challenge. Please go over to the Scrappin Cottage Blog to check out all the details!
So I really needed to make a Thank You card for a dear friend! She has helped me out tremendously lately and I just wanted to make her something cute and special. Well I sadly admit I only own a few Cottage dies and they all happen to be designed by Peachy Keen Stamps. Of course I would LOVE to own ALL of them but that is not in my budget. The ones I do have I absolutely LOVE!
So for this challenge we had to base our creations off of this beautiful photo. I definitely took the cuties route but I think you will see my idea. The color pink is so my friend and the photo screams pink! I used my Cottage Cutz Duck w/ Egg for my duck, Cottage Cutz Flowers for my leaves and the Duck Accessories Die for my umbrella. I also have been influenced by Donna from Popsicle Toes. She does AMAZING layering with foam, okay everything she does is amazing! So I thought why not try my Cottage Dies and foam! WOW! These dies are just incredible! Who would have thought you can use foam with these dies too! I LOVE it! So I cut my first layer of the duck with SU paper and the rest foam. It really made her pop! SO I decided to do the umbrella and bow in foam. I added some gems from my I-Rock to my umbrella.. NOTE: heat and foam DON'T mix! Lol. The stamp is from PTI ~ Handwritten Notes. The flowers I made from a previous project and had some leftovers! I hope you enjoy. Sorry if this has misspelled words, horribly written but the SUN IS FINALLY OUT HERE IN PA! I gotta go and embrace it! We have had nothing but RAIN for a month! Please go check out this new challenge blog... you won't be disappointed!


24 comments:

  1. Kim,
    That is so cute. I love it.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,Your project is AMAZING as always!I love it!That litte chickie is Adorable and great job with your flowers.Your friend is super lucky to by getting this Beautiful card.have a nice day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly,this is a really pretty card. Love all the dimension! Your friend is going to be so happy to receive this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute Kim!
    I would have never thought to use foam at all..but I love the little duck.
    I will have to try one day soon.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE this!!!! I saw that on Janice's blog too. I'm hoping to join in the challenge if I can get everything that I need to done before we leave on our family vacation. I don't have a ton of their dies and the ones I have are the Peachy Keen ones too. BUT I LOVE them. I love love LOVE what you did with the foam. It is perfect, it adds the right amount of dimension. This is SERIOUSLY SO cute! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kim, its just gorgeous!How cute is that duck and I love all the layering......I must try that. Your friend is going to love it!
    And
    Thankyou sooooooo much for all your comments the other day, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back.......just wanted to say I also really like the shape of your cards.....this one and the post below too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie! I love your project. The foam technique is amazing. Thank you for sharing your tips and techniques.
    Quilly hugs,
    Linda K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is so adorable!!! That little duck is just darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the cutest card! I love the colours you chose for it all. Everytime I take a photo I think about how you always set your projects outdoors for the shot. So next Layout - I'm doing it! Such cute face on that duckling! They need to get you on their DT! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute, Kim! Love the foam! Who would have thought? Those dies really are adorable, and I love the face and banner on your chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, this is the cutest card ever. I have to say there is something about that chickie that makes me so happy. She is just so fun and cute. You did such a great job with her. LOVE LOVE her bow with the button. So cute that you made her hold the sentiment. Is it hand written? The umbrella adorable. You know how much I love your flowers. How clever you used the leaves from the the PK Flower die. Great job with this! Love the dimension the foam gives. Now I must give that a try. Totally love it;)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!!! Kim this is amazing! I was going to copy and past Glora's comment, jk, but then I read Cindy's and Stephanie's and well, everyone's. We all agree that this is one fantastic card! I love the foam tip. I totally agree with Stephanie that the chickie makes me so happy! Thanks for your kind words and for spreading the word about the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh MY Goodness Kim this is fabulous!!!!! I can't believe how many layers you added, it looks so awesome!!!! Your friend will love this, thanks for sharing your wonderful creations! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG Kim, this card is sooo adorable and OMG I would of never thought to use foam and so I will have to get some and try it with my SU dies! Love love the card and your friend will too!! I'm off to check the challenge blog thanks for sharing the link!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable! I love that little chickie and the fold is wonderful! Love the dimension too! Thanks for sharing this amazing creation!
    Amber
    my3escrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OHMYGOODNESS!!! This is so cute...I love it.

    This card is the sweetest, Thank you for sharing

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. kim this is so fippin cute! love that chickie!! wish i could afford those dies too :) luvin the colors on this .

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO CUTE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CARD!!! OMG SO ADORABLE!

    Tori xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, Kim!!! This card is just as cute as can be! Your attention to detail is fabulous, and the layering just puts this over the top on the adorable scale! So very well done!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with this first challenge, and I sure hope we see a lot more of your work here!!!!

    Love ya,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is super cute! Thanks for playing along with our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kim this is super sweet and adorable!

    ReplyDelete