Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Creative Time Sneak Peek Day #2

Hello welcome to My Creative Time Sneak Peek #2! Thought yesterday was "Fontabulous" wait for today!! Today the ladies will be showcasing "Lowercase Fun Dies" . Yep ~ Miss Emma came out with alphabet dies! YEAH!!! I have been wanting these forever!!! Thank You Emma!!! I just LOVE them!! Head on over to Emma's blog, click here, to see all the FABULOUS creations everyone has for us all!

Today I wanted to share with you a card I made using the "Circle Font" stamps! When I first saw them I knew what I wanted to make! I looked at the letter then noticed the numbers! First thing that came to mind was a vintage phone or retro phone! What ever they call it! The ones that if you didn't go all the way to the stop you had to start over again! Unfortunately I REMEMBER these phones! Just shows you how old I am! I miss these phones to be honest! Anyway I used my Cricut and my Gypsy! ! Yes ~ you heard me right! I chose the phone card from the Wild Card cartridge. I must admit this card is one BIG, BIG card! In order to adapt my number and circles it had to be!!! It fits in a 6x9 envelope ~. Huge right but I must say I love how this turned out! The new "Circle Font" stamps fit PERFECTLY in the circle die from the "Build A Banner Kit" stamp set. I used the "Scallop and Stitched Circle Dies" for my center. I didn't want to use the paper phone cord that they had. Good thing I remembered Debbie ( sweet and CLEVER friend) from  Bugjuiced is MCT's Friday Tip gal! She had a tutorial about how to make twine or just about anything squiggly!! You can click here and here to see her tip! I LOVE how this turned out too! GREAT idea Debbie!!! It was easy too!! Oh there is another little sneak on this card too!! The will list the rest of my materials below.

 
Materials Used:
My Creative Time ~ "Circle Font" ~ numbers
My Creative Time ~ "Build A Banner Kit" ~ stitched circles
My Creative Time ~ "Scallop Stitched and Circle" ~ center dies
My Creative Time ~ "Just A Little Note to Say" ~ sentiment on top of the phone
My Creative Time ~ " All Around Everything" ~ circle sentiment
My Creative Time ~ " Anyday Bingo & Crossword" ~ heart
Cricut Cartridge ~ Wild card
Paper Bazzill and Paper Trey Ink
Sakura Pen
Archival Ink
Clear Embossing Powder
 
 

Sneak Peek Giveaway Time!
With all of our Sneak Peek weeks, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!

 ***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs! You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!

 ***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release & whatever connections you may have! Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/My-Creative-Time/364568506334 that you did so! OR you can just tag me in your post!

 Emma will randomly pick & announce all winners on Thursday, November 15th during the release happening @ 8:00am PST in her video! GOOD LUCK!

 Log onto to your facebook now & let start spreading word!;)


36 comments:

  1. OMG Kim!!!! This is the CUTEST EVER!!!! I love everything about this FUN card....The colors, the stamps and dies and the great twine cord....
    Another AWESOME project my friend!!!
    TFS and have a GREAT day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! So pretty brings me back to my nana and papas house where they had one in the bathroom of all places!! I have it sitting on my shelf (I got it when they passed away)
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this card is super fun. Great idea, the circle font on the telephone. Thanks for share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute...love the numbers on the phone!! It's sad that our kids will really never know phones like this. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, I guess I am old, too, because I remember these phones! I love what you did with the cord! Fabulous! ~Hugs, Saundra
    Luvscrappingtogether at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute.. I have always wanted to make a card using this cut.. Just never could decide who to send it too..I guess I could just make one and someday the opportunity wuold arise for me to use it, I just may do that..I hope you had a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I LOVE your phone card, Kim! This is just too cute, and the circle font is absolutely PERFECT for the numbers!!! I forgot about Debbie's curly twine tip - it turned out so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you just hear me squeal?? I mean...seriously...I squealed when I saw this card! This is THE most darling card! I am loving that pink telephone with all the amazing details you added - I don't even know where to begin! Oh my gosh - those cute, cute numbers, the fabulous twine, the fun sentiments, the bling...this card has it ALL! I Love this Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. O-M-G! Kim, this is the cutest freakin' card EVER! I'll bet Emma's jaw dropped when she saw what a fabulous job you did incorporating all of those dies and stamps into one AMAZING card! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! How cool is that twine telephone cord!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! This card could not be more PERFECT. The numbers totally work perfectly on this card (and yes I remember that kind of phone too, my parents had one for YEARS). The curly twine for the cord is just the perfect accent. I LOVE this SO much!!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card. I know that I used to follow you...IDK what happened, but blogger dropped me as a follower. Stupid blogger...I am now following you again ;0)



    Be blessed, Beckie
    Stampin' Up Ind Demo
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. KIMBERLY!!!! I LOVE this card soooo much. I love those retro things and this phone couldn't be any cuter! You did such a perfect job my friend and the twine cord looks awesome! Thank you so much for mentioning me. I unfortunately remember these phones too and at least I am not saying or admitting to seeing one in maybe lets say avocado green or something...or was that just appliances! I believe they coordinated them right?! Well I love all you did to this card and you did a lot of work and it sure looks terrific!
    BIG HUGS!!!
    Deb C
    aka bugjuiced

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember these phones and know how to use one :D Have you ever given one to a young person...under 25 abouts...and watch them try to use it?? Much amusement! Great card and the new stamps were perfect ;)
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh how totally cute is this. I actually miss this ole' style phone. I definitely remember having to untangle the cord all the time, LOL. You always have a space here most definitely my friend.

    Hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so old I remember that phone! Ha ha! Actually I had one in my bedroom and I thought I was HOT stuff!

    Love it!

    www.mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGosh your card is sooo FLIPPIN' AWESOME Kim!all the details are just perfect and I LOVE the cute idea to use the new stamp as phone numbers!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh this card is awesome!!! I love the letter font used as the "keys" on the roatery phone! Too cute and too creative!
    bsl60atembarqmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love love love those lowercase letters.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my goodness kim! this is amazing! the pink for the phone is sooo perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable Kim! What a terrific, creative idea! As always every detail is perfection! Fantastic job, I love the phone!
    Have a super day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your old fashioned phone card! The circle font is perfect for this card! TFS!
    tcsobotka at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  22. very cute way to make it real phone!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect way to use Emma's new font set...way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is one of the cutest cards I have seen. I love this phone card to pieces.! Black and pink is one of my favorite color combos.!

    ReplyDelete
  25. adorable card that is such a cute pink phone.. tfs
    -jamie
    babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is an adorable card, love it thanks for sharing
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG! you know I LOVE this card due to the PINK! Right??? I love all the little details with the numbers! Another amazing card my friend and thanks for sharing your talent and giving us inspiration!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  28. this card is so cute! love the old style phone! thanks for sharing
    brwneyes46@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so cute and fun! I used to play with a rotary phone in my uncle's basement. Thanks for bringing up a memory! Awesome use of the numbers.
    Kristi
    kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG! What a fun way to use the font stamps! Awesome job!
    LilMsTiff

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great idea for the font stamps! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I JUST COMPLETED MY VERY FIRST BLOG HOP. I've even figured out where to comment.!! I love that phone, I used to have one just like it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fab,fab,fab pink phone! Just love this Kim and especially how you added the twine!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  34. OK, this is brilliant!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE your twine phone cord!!!! This is so fabulous and creative Kim!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete