Thursday, August 22, 2013

MCT ~ Designer Challenge ~ "Back To School" Theme

Good morning friends, today is another Designer Challenge over at My Creative Time. This time challenge is hosted by the sweet and talented Miss Cathryn. She has chosen the PERFECT challenge ~ it's a "Back To School" challenge! You can click here for all the details.
 
 Well this challenge fits into our life just at the right time. This coming Monday my son will be heading back too school. I can't say we had the best summer vacation this year but we did spend a great deal of time together and that is what truly matters.
 
For my card I decided to dust off that Cricut! Yes ~ you heard me right! I do have the Silhouette but I have yet to figure that thing out! That is okay because I had to use one of my favorite cartridges ~ Doodlecharms. It has such CUTE images and I have always wanted to cut the apple from it. I didn't want to use the leaves it came with because Emma has the BEST leave dies for that! Let alone all her stamps and other dies! I could help adding stuff to my card today... so many fun My Creative Time products to use!
 
 
 
Materials Used:
Doodlecharms
Paper ~ PTI and Recollections
Ribbon and hemp
Ink ~ Archival and Stampin Up
 
 
Okay that is it for me today! Thank you again for stopping by! Have a WONDERFUL day!
 

11 comments:

  1. I love your card to the moon and back!!
    You did one heck of a job. and YEA a Cricut project I love my Cricut to the moon and back yep and glad you used yours. I love what you created and how you used Miss Emma's goodies you did one rockin' card. You are so talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super duper adorable my friend! Such a GREAT card! Loving the apple cut with Emma's leave dies...and yes they are the BEST :)
    Thanks for sharing and hope you are having a GREAT week so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this is too cute! Ryan's teacher is so lucky to get him AND this adorable card on the first day!!! You're right - the MCT leaves are way cuter, and look great on this! I love the "4 U Teacher" on the journaling card! Thanks again for helping me out today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is perfect Kim!!! The leave die was perfect for this apple, so clever! Thanks for doing such a fabulous job on the challenge! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card! Everything just pops and I love it! I see that I need to add the "Stitched Leave Die" to my stash, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet job on your teacher card. Great apple cut and the leaves are perfect with it. The background paper is so school and really makes the apple stand out. Beautiful.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did an amazing job on this fabulous card! The papers are perfect and just adore the cute apple! I really need to dig that cartridge out..it's been a LONG time since I've used that! I am still figuring out the silhouette to and find it much easier to go back to the cricut, lol! It is getting easier the more I use it though:)
    Good luck to your little man as he starts the new year!
    Have a great week my friend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!! The teacher will love it. I love the background paper!
    Deb C
    bugjuiced

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it!!! The "ABC" background paper is just perfect, your apple is adorable and love the yellow bow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete