Monday, April 22, 2013

MCT ~ Scrapping The Little Things

Happy Earth Day! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! We did except it was cold and we had some snow flurries here! Crazy right??? It was cold enough here that I actually made a pot of chili! Just a few days earlier it was 80 degrees! Western Pa weather is something else!
Anyway today is "Scrapping The Little Things" over at My Creative Time with Emma and the design team. Since it is Earth Day we decided to use something recycled on our pages. I decided to use a pair of old jeans of my sons and some chip board for my layout.  I LOVE Emma's new " Stitched Journal Die" and "Journal It Stamp Set" .  I love the fact that Emma's "new" stamps and dies work so PERFECTLY with her older stamps and dies! I will list all the other details below my picture, it is so much easier to do and less time for you all to read! I also will announce my winners from my guest Design spot over at Joy's blog, Obsessed With Scrapbooking, as well!
 
 
Materials Used:
 
My Creative Time ~ "Journal It" ~ stamp for journal
My Creative Time ~ "Stitched Journal Die" ~ die
My Creative Time ~ "Just Simply Live" ~ numbers for year on journal
My Creative Time ~ "Stitched Mini Frame & Arrow Dies" ~ arrow on journal
My Creative Time ~ "Life Is Good" ~ "All Boy" sentiment
My Creative Time ~ "Vintage Stitched Label Dies" ~ label die with "All Boy" sentiment
My Creative Time ~  "Build A Banner Kit" ~ banner
My Creative Time ~ "Lowercase Fun Dies" ~ alpha letters
My Creative Time ~ "Stitched "Capture" Frame with Arrow Die" ~ arrow leading to tag
My Creative Time ~ "Tag Dies" ~ tag die for a hidden journal
Paper ~ Paper Trey Ink, DCWV
Ryan's old jeans and cereal box ~ recycled part of my layout
Archival Ink
Sakura pen
Ribbon from J's
 
 
WINNERS for my little giveaway! Before I announce them I want to thank Miss Joy again for having me guest design over at her blog, Obsessed With Scrapbooking! It was truly an honor ! I also would like to thank ALL of you for your sweet and thoughtful comments! I so enjoyed reading every single one of them! If you have any questions feel free to email me! I am in the process of emailing some of you back who did have questions. I will get to you ~ my weekend was a filled with baseball! Also I am going to try and make my rounds to your blogs as well. This could be a slow process with me working and family but I will get to you! Feel free to email me a link to your blog and I would LOVE to become a follower to yours as well!
 
So my winner to the $25.oo gift certificate to My Creative Time is:
 
Sherrie K said:
 
Wow Kim! This gorgeous! The colors are perfect and I love the little tickets with the sentiments. The stitched ribbon is so fun too!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
 
The winner of the $25.00 gift certificate to Liz's Paper Loft Boutique is:
 
Debbie said:
 
gorgeous card I don't have this cart but I do have another with window thanks for the inspiration. It has been a great week between you on Joy's blog and MCT peeks, and today with the full release
upnurse at aol dot com
 
 CONGRATS ladies!! I will be contacting you sometime today but feel free to contact me too!
 
Have a wonderful day everyone!
 


 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Love your LO your little guy is so darling the expression on his little face is so precious. Gosh girl love your ideas must say you truly are ever so clever geeze you are so full of amazing talent.

    Congrats to the winners!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous LO Kim!! Love all the MCT products you used and that picture is just too cute!!! Another awesome project my friend!!!
    Thanks for sharing and congrats to your winners!! Lucky ladies :)
    Have a GREAT Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this layout is ADORABLE! I love this pic of Ryan and the story behind it. How cute to use some of his jeans from when he was a baby! I just love everything about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwhhhh he doesn't have a mean bone in his cute little body, hehehe! I LOVE the way you used the recycled demin, it makes a great frame for the picture! Beautiful, beautiful memory! Have a great day! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love how used the old pair of jeans on your layout! I also love all the detail on your layout:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    moni023 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee! I am SO excited to have won! I love MCT products!! Thanks so much! I am off to email you:)

    Oooh, how super sweet is this layout! The picture of your little guy is awesome-what a cutie pie!
    I love how you used jeans on your layout and all the MCT dies look fabulous! The banners are super cool:) Great job on this!

    Have a great Monday my friend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a serious face. Great idea to use the jeans...fun to add something personal to a page. Great job on your page.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. He may not have smiled, but he sure was a cutie pie! Oh my goodness, what a wonderful layout. I LOVE that you used the denim from his jeans -so special! Love the banners and and fun accents ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your winners. OMG I just love that cute little face and his expression is just Priceless. Awesome LO, love all the details you added into it my friend.

    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! he is so cute and look at how young he was:) OMG! they grow up so fast!! Happy 20 years today on your first day:) :) i hope you planned something special. Beautiful layout and I love the pop of the orange. Thank you so much for popping by my blog as always my friend!! Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!!!
    Big Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable. Beautiful.

    http://sugarplumandsaddleshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeeek!!!! This layout is sooooo cute!!!! I LOVE the way you used old jeans, I LOVE the way you made the banner title, and I love the journaling!!!! And.... what an adorable picture of your little man!!!! Kim, this is just a fabulous layout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful LO Kim! Adore your little man!! Great idea to use his jeans on the banner.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete