Wednesday, July 8, 2015

MCT ~ Inspire Me Wednesday

Good morning! Today is Inspire Me Wednesday over at My Creative Time with Emma and the design team. This day is when we create a project that inspires us whether it be someone else's project., colors or whatever.
For my card today I was inspired by my sweet friend a sweet and MCT alumni DT Stacey. You can see here post by clicking here. I adored her card and thought I need to make this for my other sweet young friend. She just graduated from my alma mater and of course had to use our school colors.  
I used the Stitched "Capture" Frame with Arrow Die, this die is PERFECT for shaker cards. Since I needed to make this a graduation card I looked thru all my amazing My creative Time products and let me just say, there are a ton of options. I used the Here's Lookin At You and the Follow your Dream sets. My numbers are from Number Fun Dies + Add Ons, LOVE these number dies, they come in handy a lot! My Martha Stewart glitter looks blue but trust me its purple... sigh for that because this card did turn out pretty cute!
Materials Used:
Paper ~ PTI
Ink ~ VersaFine
Martha Stewart glitter
twine

That is it for me today ~ don't forget we have a new challenge going on, click here for all the details. Also starting next week the July My Creative Time release starts ~ you don't want to miss that either!






9 comments:

  1. OMG & WOW!! Your card is Gorgeous!! Love the colors so beautiful....love too the contents of your shaker you so did an amazing outstanding creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous Kim...my daughter would LOVE the purple!!!! Her fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just PERFECT!!! A teenage girl would LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome in purple. Stacey's was great in the classic colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kim! I love the color purple and pop of yellow~looks FANTASTIC! The shaker is so fun...your friend will love it!! I hope you had a great 4th of July and are enjoying your summer! It is going way to fast, ugh!
    Have a wonderful day my friend!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on your shaker...I also liked the inspiration card. I like the words inside the shaker window. I agree that the frames are perfect for making a shaker. Love the colors and the touch of twine.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim,this card is SO beautiful!!! I just love yellow and purple together...awesome color combo!! Your shaker is so awesome,love the word dies in there!!! FABULOUS!!!
    BIG HUGS,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What awesome school colors!!! Love this layout too! And I like the idea of putting the die cut words inside the window. Hmmm....I'll have to remember that idea. Hey, did you finally run out of your signature ribbons? LOL! I noticed the last few projects are without. I'm sure you're stocked to the ceiling in that stuff. You always make it look so effortless and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh beautiful beautiful!!!! Love that color combo!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete