Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Heart Is With You Card

I wanted to share a card I made for my husband. He travels for his job at times. My son and I miss him terribly. I try to send a note with him, telling him how much I appreciate his hard work. He does not like to travel and be away from us. Okay crafty friends you might want to sit down for this  but I usually grab a piece of paper from the printer or write the note on an index card! Yes ~ I know that sounds horrible but I never seem to be prepared. So this year one of my goals is to have a stash of cards for him, already to slip in his briefcase!  This card is simple but to the point! I hope you enjoy!


I love my Cricut and Imagine but I am a die girl! I die cut 3 hearts, one red, one black and one white. From the picture you can't see the black one but it is there.I then heat embossed the hearts ( LOVE how this stamp heat embosses), then folded and adhered them together. I added some twine and done! Simple and sweet!

For my card I used;

My Creative Time ~ Stitched Heart Die, 100% Sweetness and Small Talk stamp sets
Paper ~ Papertrey Ink
Zing Embossing powder
Twine ~ The Twinery
Stampin Up ~ Real Red
Memento Ink

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kimberly.I love my cricut but I too love dies!Great to see you back again.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card your husband should really appreciate this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,GORGEOUS job with your sweet card!LOVE IT:)Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card. Love the use of the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card!! And what a great idea to send him off with a note!!
    Glad to have you back crafting and posting again, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Great twine and perfect sentiment!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE red white and black together! this card is absolutely GORGEOUS on every level!!!! I LOVE it!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so pretty, Kim! I love the crisp and clean look, and the way you used the "Small Talk" border is just an awesome look! I'm sure Rich loves his index card notes too, so this will WOW him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet and thoughtful! He is very lucky to have you! I really LOVE this card! It's GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! how cute is this card? LOVE the use of the twine, which I will have to try:) LOVE it simple and clean Kim!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete