Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fun Learning Tools Using My Creative Time Dies


Hello I just wanted to share a fun learning tool for my son using Emma's envelope and pocket dies. My son is in 1st grade this year and he comes home with 12 spelling words a week that he must learn to sight and spell. I just used 3 x 5 index cards and cut those in half. They fit PERFECTLY in the envelope die!!! So we just flip through them first day ~ so he can site the words.
 
 
 
Now for the actual alphabet part I let him chose what shape he wanted to work with ~ he chose Emma's pocket dies. So we die cut, yes we both took turns die cutting 26 pockets out. He LOVES to die cut. I have extra dies for later when we need to add more letters ~ for example the word Dad! We needed 2 D's.  Let me say the little envelope die that holds the pockets letters has plenty of room to add more letters. I also decided that I wanted to keep our weeks separated and organized~ so I just used the new tag from the last release and the alphabet !  I used one of my MCT background stamp to give them a little flare. My son actually stamped a few of the backgrounds too! I have to tell you these are FABULOUS to just shove in your purse and pull them out if you are out to eat and need something to occupy the little one ~ plus they actually learn too! We really do have fun with learning his words!
 
Materials Used:
 
My Creative Time ~ "3x3 Fancy Envelope Die" ~ envelopes
My Creative Time ~ "Just Simply Live" ~ tag die & alphabet
My Creative Time ~ "Fun Pockets" ~ pocket die
My Creative Time ~ "Script Type Backgrounds" ~ background on all envelopes
Paper ~ Paper Trey Ink
Vellum
Stampin Up Ink
Index cards
Sharpie
One little boy to die cut pockets out ~ LOL!!!
 
Alright before I go I just want to remind you all that starting tomorrow Emma over at My Creative Time and her design team will be showcasing Septembers Mini release! So don't forget! I know you will ALL LOVE what you are about to see!
 
 
 
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Great learning idea!! I'll bet you'll have other parents asking where you found those!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a great mom, Kim! What a fun idea! I love how it's so portable and you can pull them out anywhere! Ryan must have had a blast making these with you, which probably makes him even more motivated to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I wish I knew about this 3 years ago with my 4th grader this so would have help him and my sanity, LOL! What an absolutely awesome idea. I need to make sure I flag this for my soon to be kindergartner. Good thing I have 2 more kids I can use this idea on. Awesome. Thank you so much my friend and I hope you have a great Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, what a SUPER great idea!!!!!! I love the pocket shaped ones, so creative!!!

    Makes learning much more fun to use these cute flash cards :)

    Have a super day :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super duper idea!! Love how you can make learning fun!!!
    Awesome project my friend!!! LOVE it!
    TFS and have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea, you are just an inspiration. Ryan is one lucky little guy to have such an awesome mom and how fun that Ryan helped you make these. He sounds like he is a little sweetheart.. Have a FABULOUS day Kim.
    hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea Kim! you need to add this to pinterest for teachers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are PERFECT! What a great mom you are. I should totally do stuff like this for my girls. You are an inspiration. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea Kim! Your such a great mom:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME idea for little ones Kim!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such an AWESOME Mom!!! What great memories you make with Ryan! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very creative and fun-filled use of your toys - er - tools! :-) I wish I would have thought of that when my kids were little.

    ReplyDelete