Thursday, April 4, 2013

MCT ~ Designer Challenge

Happy Thursday! I hope you all are having a wonderful week so far! I promise not to keep you all too long today.  Miss Cassandra, from Creating With Color, will be hosting this Designer Challenge over at Emma's blog ~ My Creative Time. If you know anything about Cassandra she is ALL about color ~ so it's a COLOR challenge! YEAH! Create a project of your choice using any 3 of the following 6 colors of the rainbow ~ Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue or Purple. For a more difficult challenge if you dare ~ use ALL six colors. You can click here to see all the design teams FABULOUS creations!
 
For my card today I wanted to keep it clean and simple, something I seem to struggle with! I was inspired by one of my fellow design team sisters, Miss Nikki ( you can see her post here) on one of her cards from the last release. She used the "Treat Slider Box" ~ (PRE-ORDER ONLY ITEM ~ LOVE this die) for a shaped card! I thought that was so cool ~ so I had to give it a try. I took a thinner card stock and folded it in half and ran it through my Big Shot.  Then die cut it out again 2 more times so I can have the feel of a thicker card. I love my PTI paper too much not to use it! I just adhered them to the thinner card base. Can't even tell I did all that to this simple card. I then pulled out my "Stitched Button Dies" and used the CUTE flower buttons. I like to have my buttons thick, so I used a cereal box for some chipboard. My Xyron is always at arms length and totally perfect for adhering chipboard and paper together! My hemp from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique was the perfect touch for these cute flower buttons.  My sentiment is from the stamp set "More Of My Favorite Sayings" . I seem to like to clear emboss my sentiments lately ~ gives it a cool feel and look! Not that you can see or feel it ~ sorry.
 
That's it! Simple right! I am a tad shocked at myself ~ there isn't even ribbon on my card! WOW this might be the first time ever this has happened! LOL!
 
We hope you can join us for this challenge ~ Thanks Cassandra for hosting this FUN and COLORFUL challenge!
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Wow I love your card I couldn't believe it when I read what you used to create them as they had looked like crocheted flowers..so thanks for the idea as I have these button dies gosh I'm still in awe of how you made these...girl you are really so talented and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG my friend....CAS and GORGEOUS!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with the dies and twine!!
    Simply awesome take on the new challenge!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Thursday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design...fab way to use the slider die...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cereal boxes??? Really??? What a great idea :) I don't own a Xyron, maybe I better get one!!!

    This card is such a pretty CAS card, I love it!!! It makes me feel happy with all those colorful, darling flowers!!! Really cute KIM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips you shared. This card is so pretty! Clean and simple with a lot of punch with the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful Kim! You did a fabulous job on "clean and simple"! Have a wonderful day sweet lady! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your idea for the buttons so bright and pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clean and simple is right! Also very attractive...I love colorful cards...they MAKE you look at them. Using the buttons was a great idea...I really like those! Wonderful job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving it!!!! I can't stop smiling with all the colors!! I just love this! Very CAS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Card my friend. I love how CAS it is but it still looks AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, miss Kim, you have definitely mastered the CAS card! This is ADORABLE!!! How clever to use the thin cardstock first and then layer it! I was wondering how you did that! Your rainbow flowers are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello my friend:) Super beautiful cas card and as you know I LOVE LOVE these kind of cards!! I hope your weekend was a great one!! Have a great week ahead and an evening!!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Love the rainbow of flowers on the white card:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely darling card! I love, love, love this with those amazing little flowers! Gorgeous card my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, My name is Karen(need to correct the anonymous-when I figure out how!) and I'm new to your blog. I love the wedding card. I look forward to future postings!

    ReplyDelete