Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Creative Time ~ 3~D Wednesday

Happy Hump Day! Do you know what today is ~ it's 3~D Wednesday over at My Creative Time with Emma and the design team! I LOVE Wednesday's not only because we are half way thru the week but I LOVE making 3~D projects!
 
For my project this week I decided to make a fun treat for my son! He has a list of movies he wants to watch, so I thought it would be fun for us to have a movie night with all the fixings ~ aka popcorn and tons of candy! I thought I would get some candy that you would get at the movie theater and put it in this $1 container I bought some time ago at Target! This little project only cost less than $4! Fun right!
 
I used the "Treat Slider Box" for my base of my tag! Remember this is a PRE~ORDER item and can be used for a ton of things ~ a must have die ! I die cut it out on thin chipboard and covered it with some fun movie paper!  Might be a little hard to see but trust me it is movie related and so fun. This paper is Teresa Collins ~ Memories ~ that I purchased from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique. She has so many wonderful items in her store!  I used the Slumber Party cartridge for my popcorn(inked with SU ink) then used Emma's "Lower Case Fun Dies" for my letters. The "Fun Tickets" and "Stitched Fun Ticket Dies" are clear heat embossed! I just LOVE these tickets! But behind this I thought the "Stitched Postage Frame Die" was fun to add because ~ well it's a frame! LOL!  All other paper used is actually scraps and so was my ribbon ~ must have been a mishap at one point but it worked out perfect for my project today!
 

 
That is it for me today! Head on over to Emma's blog, My Creative Time, and see what all those talented ladies have in store for you all!

 

13 comments:

  1. Super cute idea gosh you have a great imagination and can see this idea as making a great gift to give someone. I love how you used all of Emma's stamps and dies girl you truly one talented chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Kim!!! This is AWESOME!!!!! Ok I am coming for movie night...LOL!!
    What a GREAT project! Those colors and the way you used the slider box die.....AWESOME!!!! And those adorable popcorn with the die cut letters....so creative!!!
    Totally a super fun project!!!!
    Thanks for sharing my sweet friend and have a GREAT hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project....my kids used to love movie nights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a totally awesome movie night gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I love movie themed projects. I love the pop of yellow with the red. Seriously cute!
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute project. I bought some of those containers to use so I loved seeing what you did with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun! I want to come to movie night at your house...please. I just love that adorable box full of yummy treats - you are such a good Mommy! Have fun with you sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea to pack a box for movie night! Very thoughtful and clever. I love it.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun gift this would be!!!! So flippin' cute, I would LOVE to receive it!!!!
    Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish you were my mom! You always do such sweet things for your son! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute project Kim! Very cool, anyone would be thrilled to receive this thoughtful gift! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an Awesome Idea my friend, as a movie love you can just send this baby to me, lol.

    Hope you have a great Friday and a wonderful Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So stinkin' cute, Kim! Ryan must have loved this!!! I bought that slumber party cartridge just for that popcorn cut! What you did with it is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete