Monday, May 18, 2015

MCT ~ Scrapping the Little Things

Good morning! I hope you all had a FABULOUS weekend! We did even though it rained a bit here, not a complete washout and we needed it!!
So today over at My Creative Time, Emma and the design team, we are all about getting caught up on our scrap books.
So for my layout today I seem to collect all the little certificates, art projects and what not my son receives throughout the year. I never know what to do with them. I can't make an entire page for each one because that would be insane. Since I have manila folders from his preschool years, I thought why not emulate that. So I took 2 pieces of card stock, I cut them down to fit into a PL protector, not sure if I am going to put it in the protector yet or just punch holes in the left side, to just go around the rings. I figure if I was to punch holes in it,  then he can easily pull out to see all his accomplishments.
Enough babbling about the idea, lets get into some of the My Creative Time products I used.  For his class photo , I used the Stitched "Capture" Frame with Arrow Die. This die fits those school wallet pictures PERFECTLY! Who knew? I white embossed the frame with the Write On set, this set is school related and amazing for so much more! The Stitched Tab Die and Tab Notes set great to use for so many other things as well. I LOVE the Love To Learn set to because it focuses on school too. I ADORE the apple and pencil die from this set. I noticed as I was writing my post that I forgot to put a year and his teachers name. No worries though,  Emma has many alpha sets that I can easily add them, click here, here, here and here to just see a few of those stamp sets. The rest of my materials I will list under my picture.
Materials Used:
Paper ~ PTI, DCWV, Shiny paper and Recollections
Ink ~ SU, Archival and VersaFine
white embossing powder
Signo pen

Something super easy to create and something to hold all those wonderful memories.

Head on over to Emma's blog to see what the designers have created too.
Don't forget we have a Designers Challenge still going on, click here for all the details!

Thanks for always being so sweet and kind.




12 comments:

  1. What an awesome LO!! Love your idea about the manila folder for saving his project etc...it's a genius idea. Your son is so cute. Love the papers and colors they are so awesome....and love your cool, clever and creative ideas you came up with using Miss Emma's goodies. You really are a very talented scrapper. YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kimberly I love this idea! So cute to put all son's certificates in. It's just as cute as can be, I never realized either that a school pic would fit the frame perfectly either! I will be trying this layout out!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kimberly I love this idea! So cute to put all son's certificates in. It's just as cute as can be, I never realized either that a school pic would fit the frame perfectly either! I will be trying this layout out!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, this is SO adorable, Kimberly, and such a fantastic idea for holding some of those much-loved school snippets and memorabilia! Really love that frame for the class photo and love all the school themed details you added. Just a fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a BRILLIANT idea, Kim! Where were you when I needed you about 12 years ago, LOL? Seriously, you decorated this so cute too! Love Ryan's school pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a GREAT idea Kim! I love the pocket for favorite certificates, sport clippings, report cards, etc! Fun layout and love the stitched stars, awesome cuts and awesome picture of your handsome little guy! Ryan's smile is adorable!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulous is this?! what a great idea for all those special projects, certificates and reports our kids receive throughout the year. This is such a wonderful way to keep them all together by year. I love the idea and I love the way you decorated the cover - great photo of your special guy and embellished perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely in love with this layout and all the stars and papers. It is great. Can't wait till love to learn comes back out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your layout. I like the folder idea for keeping memories. Kids love to see things they drew or wrote. I like the frame with the white embossing. The doodling on the 3rd Grade looks cool.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This ROCKS!!!!!!!!! What an awesome LO Kim!!!!!!!!
    Such a GREAT idea my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to keep all those school memories. I have books for both my kids, but tend to forget to update them.

    ReplyDelete