Tuesday, March 7, 2017

MCT ~ Weird Holiday

Hello crafty friends! Today over at My Creative Time, Emma and the design team are doing projects for "Weird Holidays!" I have to admit I have never heard of this before and thought what a fun idea! I searched the March calendar, which you can click here to see what else they have going on this month.
I chose to pick the weird holiday that fell on March 3, "I Want You to be Happy", which by the way I find completely weird because who doesn't want someone to be happy. But they also could me they truly want someone to be happy with maybe the choices they make in their life or maybe a pick me up?? Who knows but I thought the play with words for this one would be fun by choosing the word "Bee" and using a bee die cut!
To create the background for my card I used the Stitched Honey Comb Dies, taped the die cut in various places on my cardstock and inked it heavily in the center and lightly on the edges. The Stitched Rectangular Frame Dies & More is a perfect set to add dimension or layering to your cards. The sentiment if from the stamp set Bee Happy, which I heat embossed on one of the Ribbon End Banners Dies. The sweet bee is from the Bee Happy set as well. Now to keep the bee's wings white and try to get the bee the same color as my honey comb background, I stamped a bee, then cut the wings off. I then stamped another bee, using VersaMark and VersaFine, so I could heat emboss my bee. I then taped the wings over my embossed bee and used the same ink as my background, super easy solution right?
Materials Used:
Paper ~ PTI
Ink ~ VersaMark, VersaFine, PTI and SU
white and clear embossing powder
sequins ribbon from M's or J's
 
Be sure to stop by Emma's blog to see what she and the rest of the design team have for you today!

5 comments:

  1. OH Miss Kim what a BEE-Utiful card!! Your stamped background looks so pretty and your little bee is so cute...Love the total color combination makes for a Stunning and Gorgeous Card!! Great Creative job!!
    YOU so ROCK!! OBTW.....your card made me VERY happy.......!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card, Kim! I love the little patches of honeycomb inking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inking the die is a clever idea and turned out so pretty. Your bee turned out sweet and I love the ribbon. Wonderful job on your card!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card design! I love your background~fun inking! The bee is adorable and LOVE the ribbon! So pretty Kim!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love the background and the bee (the only time I like a bee)!

    ReplyDelete