Wednesday, July 6, 2016

MCT ~ What A Treat Wednesday

Good morning! It's What A Treat Wednesday over at My Creative Time with Emma and the design team! Like I said before I LOVE doing this segment! So many wonderful projects you can make for so many occasions and reasons.
Today I am sharing a 3D project I made for my best friend's daughters graduation party. My best friend wanted to use blue, Kraft, burlap, twine and daisies for her party, keeping it subtle and soft with a twist of rustic by using mason jars and all sorts of jars. The navy is just one color from her school and gives the softer colors a little punch.
Anyway, trying not have this post super long, the "cards" sign I made will be put on a bird cage for guests to put their cards in. Now I didn't add holes yet or burlap because I have to actually be present to see where we will be hanging the sign for the bird cage. I used the MORE Stitched Rectangular Dies for one of my rectangles and backed with bigger rectangles. I need it to be sturdy, so I did use chipboard. The letters are from the Uppercase Fun Dies and they are on the Bunch of Stitched Doily Dies. My daisies are from Hey There Little Lady stamp set.
Onto my little sign...
Now there will be 19 total of these cuties and they will be place in the mason jars/jars with flowers my girlfriend made with papers from books. I used the Stitched Squares Inside & Out, Number Fun Dies + Add Ons for this side of part of the center pieces.

I wanted to show you the back of the sign, since they need to be double-sided, since these will be part of the centerpieces on the tables. The "congrats" is from the Mini Greeting Dies set.
 
I hope to remember to take pictures of everything set up. My girlfriend, her daughter and family have been working hard on the decorations for weeks and I can't wait to see it all come together! I am off to start inking and assembling these...thank goodness I have tons of TV to catch up on!! Ha

Materials Used:
Paper ~ PTI, Bazzill and SU
Ink ~ TH and VersaFine
twine
straw

Be sure to stop by Emma's blog to see what she and the rest of the design team have for you today!


3 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Kimberly WOW Love your CARDS sign...and how you used the doily's for a banner....what an awesome Craftabulous idea....WOW!! Great color scheme and totally super clever & creative ways you've used Miss Emma's goodies....You totally did a super outstanding creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, these are just darling! I love how you stamped the flowers over the text paper - so pretty! Be sure to take those picture of it all set up! Your friends will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the details! The flowers look so pretty on the card sign...what a great idea to put cards into a cage. I hope you show pictures of the tables because the centerpieces will be awesome.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete