Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bright and Happy Flower!

So as everyone can tell I have been obsessed with flowers! I just can't get away from them lately! I guess because I am sooo over WINTER! So I always talk about my husband and son I never talk about the wonderful women I have in my life! Well I have 5 of them with Birthdays coming up REAL SOON! So one of these wonderful ladies will be receiving this card ~ I hope they enjoy it and their special day! So this week over at Peachy Keen Stamps  LFIF they want us to make a hand made flower! Well I have this Stampin Up punch and I thought I would twist it a little! I layered the petals to give some dimension. I took the leaf part and stamped with my swirls and made petals out of them, folded them in half and added some dots from my Viva Pearl pen. I used their Laughy Taffy Face Stamps for my center. I love to make flower centers using their faces... so cute! I am also entering this into  The Cuttlebug Spot. This week they would like us to use twine! Who doesn't love twine. I also used 2 different folders for my background and inked my edges just a little! Very simple card and I hope this meets all the criteria for both challenges! If you have time stop over to both of these site because they will NOT dissapoint! Hope you enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Kim LOVE LOVE this card. Flowers are the rage these days. Even though you have been using them a lot, they are all so different and unique. The face is just adorable. I am going to have to get into this PK challenge for sure;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO CUTE! I love that face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that cute FACE! LOVE your flower and the flourishes and twine! thanks so much for joining us at TCS this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, very pretty! Thanks for stopping by my blog, your comment are alwaysso lovely!!

    TOri xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute and bright and happy :)!! I am so happy to have you on the Whimsical Wednesday DT! I can't wait to see what awesomeness you create!!

    Lots of Cricut Love,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Kim! This is SO PRETTY! What a creative way to use the punch and stamps! LOVE the colors and dig that face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, just beautiful!!!! Love the way you stamped the petals, gorgeous!! Can't wait to work with you on the WW Dt!!! luv, Cathryn67 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card and the monochromatic theme! Nicely done Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Kim!! so gorgeous!! Love the same color twine matches perfectly and the cute PK stamp:) One of the wonderful ladies in your life will LOVE it!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is that! Love the details! Great job and thanks for playing iwth us at PKS LFIF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The card is gorgeous Kim. I'm a big fan of monochromatic. So many wonderful details like the use of Viva Pearl pen.
    Great job dear. Thanks for posting your work at NCM.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete