Friday, March 18, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday Challenge ~ Layout

Stephanie over at Always Crafting has a challenge spot called Whimsical Wednesdays! This week we are to do a scrapbook layout! Well this is why I began my journey of blogging. So I was thrilled to here that this week was a layout! It is a winter theme, including winter holidays, and ANY size scrap page you like! PERFECT... saying goodbye to this past winter... sooo ready for it! She has a guest designer this week, Chloe, they both did AMAZING layouts! Go check them out! I try to do my son's scrapbook in chronological order but I will bump out of it when I feel like it. So my son is 5 years old working on 6 soon and this page is when he was 3 months old! YIKES... I admitted how far behind I am... I haven't even got to the end of 2005 yet! He was born in September... yes openly admitting what a horrible mother I am! Lol. Anyway I decided to do this picture of him in his 1st winter coat my sister bought him! She spoils him rotten! Anyway I loved it, it was so easy to put on him and every time her wore he would fall asleep! He wasn't a sleeper... 2 years of up every night! Again new parents and he played us like a fiddle! Oh back to my layout! I used Winter Woodland, my Cuttle Bug, My Creative Time "My Journaling" Stamps ( hate my hand writing but VERY, VERY important your children know what you handwriting looks like in their later years!)Martha Stewart snowflakes& snowflake diecut felt ribbon ,misc. paper and SU paper! Okay enough babbling here it is.. Hope you enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. OMG, Kim I LOVE LOVE your LO. It is so sweet and precious. I love the way you did the journaling tag and the embossing across the page. Love how you added the date too. And yur little guy looks so safe and warm. The LO maches great with his little snow suit! Everything is just perfect:) Thanks for joining the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it so much Kim! All the different layers/kinds of snowflakes is perfect! PLUS even the subtle background paper change. It is awesome! Thanks for entering! LOVE a cute cuddly sleeping baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super sweet! Love all the snowflakes and adorable pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh just beautiful!!! What a sweet little infant!! I have twins that are now 7 and I have only done their 1st year of pictures! Life is just to exciting and moves so fast it's hard to stop and "do" sometimes! Thanks for sharing, Cathryn67 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! Precious as all get out! Love your layout AND your handwriting. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that card and it's colors. That layout is just to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The silver snowflakes on the gorgeous blue...BRILLIANT! What a precious baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have nice handwriting! This is beautiful! Such a precious photo! I love babies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is just so precious and sweet!! My oldest is now 11...he had this same coat!! I loved how easy it was to get him in and out of it...especially when he was sleeping! TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How precious!
    Your LO is great. Colors are my fave. I agree that we should use our own handwriting when doing journaling.
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this page! The colors are very cool to the eyes :D

    ReplyDelete