Monday, June 4, 2012

"Monday Madness... Imagine That!" Challenge

Happy Monday! Today is "Monday Madness... Imagine That!" Challenge over at My Creative Time. Emma has asked the design team and YOU create something anything that comes to mind that makes YOU happy! If you have an Imagine, please use it but if you don't that is okay too ~ just use pattern paper for your project! Examples: Disneyland, coffee, your family, summer... basically anything that brings happiness into YOUR life! Don't forget to link up your project! The deadline for this challenge is June 17th!

Well there are so many things that brings happiness to my life but since my son will be graduating from kindergarten this week I had to make a project about this happy event. He has done such a FABULOUS job this year at the "BIG" school, that is what we call it in our house, I wanted to make something for him and his fellow classmates. My hubby and I are so PROUD of him, not only with his school work, but with making new friends, how he conducts himself outside the house, his ability to go above and beyond ( that is what his AWESOME teacher has told us and him) and just his attitude towards school! So with all that said I decided to make him and his friends bookmarks! They all are just learning to read and are assigned some chapter books for summer reading. I though that be a great idea and to celebrate this happy occasion.

I really wanted to make these simple, they are for 6 year olds! I used the Imagine cartridge Notebook Doodles for my background paper and Emma's Tag Dies for the tags. I just love these tags and her signature stitching! I just punched out circles, die cut some caps, mustaches ( for the girls hair ), added some Peachy Keen stamps for the faces, stamped a sentiment and added some ribbon & twine! DONE! Easy, quick and fun for the kids! I couldn't help myself to put some tape on the back of the tags and add some candy too! The tape comes off very easy.



Materials Used:

Imagine Cartridge ~ Notebook Doodles
My Creative Time ~ "Tag Dies" ~ tags
My Creative Time ~ "Here's Lookin' At You" ~ caps dies
My Creative time ~ "What's Growing On?" ~ mustache dies ~ hair
My Creative Time ~ "More Gift Card Sentiments" ~ sentiment
Peachy Keen Stamps ~ Everyday Character & Snow Cuties ~ faces
Stampin Up ~ Circle Punch
Paper ~ Bazzill and Paper Trey Ink
Memento Ink
Ribbon and Twine

We can't wait to see what makes you "Happy"! Head on over to Emma's blog over at My Creative Time and see all the other design team members creations!

16 comments:

  1. These are awesome Kim!!!! I love those faces~ especially your little man :)
    Thanks for sharing my friend and hope you had a GREAT weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know which one is cuter your tags or your handsome little man. So I guess will settle with the Tags being cute and your little man being Super Cute and Adorable.

    Have a Great Week my friend.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too much...LOL...I dont think that I have ever seened something so cute....I cant stop laughing and smiling...thats how cute they are....WOW!!!Thanks for the Smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my!!! these are adorable! what a great idea to use the mustaches as hair!! LOVE IT!!!
    thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you have got to be the sweetest mom to make all of these. They turned out ADORABLE!!!!! I love the 'mustache' hair for the girls, it really is perfect. What size of a circle punch is that? Oh yes and I love that measuring tape ribbon, I would love to know where you found that too. You are amazing! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim these are just adorable.. as is your little guy. Yes, his little face would definitely be something that would make you happy.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out so cute, Kim! Your background paper and that adorable ribbon are just perfect! The kids will love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These turned out so stinkin cute!!! I want a mom just like you :) They are perfect in every way. I just love the hair for the girls!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bookmarks were the perfect idea and they turned out so cute. Your little guy looks so happy and proud to pass these out at school. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these they are so adorable!! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!! Ryan is the cutest and I LOVE his smile:) The kids are going to LOVE their bookmarkers and will make them want to read for sure due to their CUTENESS... OMG!! brilliant idea to use those mustaches for the hair !! LOVE It to CUTE. Congrats to Ryan
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT job with all of these sweet bookmarkers!I LOVE the cute project idea and your little one is just too CUTE!!!!Have a great day my friend!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ryan is so darn CUTE!! And you are such a good Mom!! You are always so thoughtful! Those book marks are adorable and I am sure the kids loved them!

    ReplyDelete