Monday, June 11, 2012

My Creative Time ~ "Scrappy Monday" Challenge

Happy Monday! It is time for "Scrappy Monday" Challenge over at My Creative Time! I really am excited Emma started this challenge! It helps the design team, myself and hopefully YOU to get caught up on our scrapbooks! So this challenge is for layouts ONLY! For this challenge Emma asked us to follow a sketch and incorporate some sort of fiber on our layout! For example: jute, twine, hemp, burlap etc! You have until Sunday, June 24th to add your layout to the challenge! Sounds like fun to me!

I usually like to scrap in chronological order but at times I will scrap something more recent. Well these pictures today are of my son when he was barely a month old! YIKES! He is going to be 7 this year! But again ~ I get to look back, remember fond memories and root through my boxes of pictures. I like to use 12 x 12 pages for my layouts. The white paper in the back is sort of like canvas paper ~ VERY thick paper! LOVE it! I also decided to use some embellishments I had from way back! I think they mix well with Emma's stamps and dies!  All my hemp and burlap is from my fellow design team sister ~ Liz from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique.



Materials Used:
My Creative Time ~ Tag Dies
My Creative Time ~ "Camera Shy" ~ sentiment "very handsome"
My Creative Time ~ "Have Fun In The Sun" ~ sentiment " memories"
My Creative Time ~ "Cherish The Moment" ~ lines on tag
My Creative Time ~ "Build A Banner Kit" ~ dies
My Creative Time ~ "Anyday Bingo & Crossword" ~ letters on banner
My Creative Time ~ "Coffee Break" ~ polka dots background stamp clear embossed on banner
My Creative Time ~ Scallop & Stitched Circle Die ~ duck & whale placed on top of them
Liz' Paper Loft Boutique ~ burlap and hemp
Paper ~ Recollections and Paper Trey Ink
Stampin Up Ink and Tim Holtz Ink
Zing clear Embossing powder
Jolee's Embellishment Stickers
Ribbon from stash

18 comments:

  1. What a fabulous baby blue layout. Love the banner you added. Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, Kim! I just love the colors, all of your elements, and the precious pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Kim! Your guy was such a beautiful, sweet little baby! Don't you wish you could travel back for just a little while! Have a great day my sweet friend! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to zoom in on this BEAUTIFUL layout. How precious. Every picture and element is perfectly placed and amazing. You are too good! Amazing job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your LO, it is so CUTE. Love the embellishments you used that Hemp and Burlap are just Perfect. This is just a Sweet LO. Awesome Job my friend. I need to do more of these.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling layout. I love how the paper matches the edge of towel and how you arranged the little banners, you are so creative.. Cute cute cute..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim,this Layout is sooo cute and pretty! I love all the blue...so perfect! The photos are adorable and i love how you did the title!
    Time flies way to quick! Beautiful memory! :)
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your soft blue colors here on your layout! What precious pics of your son. and don't worry, my kiddos are 12 and 10 and I am SERIOUSLY behind in their scrapbooks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice job on your layout and following the sketch. Love the banner for the title.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a precious layout!!! Such a sweet moment :) And I just love the Build A Banner Kit...great job my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout Kim!! LOVING all of the soft colors!! This is a great way to cherish this moment! (wait, isn't that a MCT stamp? LOL) AWESOME!! hugs

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! Kim, he was so tiny:) They do grow up to fast and it sure it amazing to look back at old pictures and see how much they have grown! LOVE your layout with all the details and I just love every time you use those tag dies!! I will try to see if I can squeeze in LO for the challenge:) Have a fabulous day!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. This layout is precious!!!! Kim, I love your banners, the distressing adds such a nice touch, the burlap looks great and love the two colors of twine!! Fabulous job my friend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS job with your BEAUTIFUL layout Kim!those pictures are ADORABLE,and all the details are AMAZING my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout! Such sweet pictures! They grow up too fast don't they! Love the banners!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Kim!! Love the blues and all the dimensions! Fab take on the sketch as well!!!Another awesome project!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my GOSH!! This is so precious! You do such beautiful work! This is just gorgeous! Ryan is so blessed to have you for his Mommy! Your love just shines, and so does his.

    ReplyDelete