Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Peachy Keen Challenge #23 ~ Anything Goes

Good morning! Today I have a card I made for the Peachy Keen Challenge ~ "Anything Goes"! Click here for all the details. Well when Peachy Keen had their last sale I couldn't help but buy the stamp set "Happy Flowers and Cheerful Phrases". I sweet bloggy friend totally told me it is a MUST have. It has really CUTE images, faces and sentiments! I am so glad I did!
So for my card I decided to use my spellbinder for the shape. I LOVE this shape ~ it is so fun to play around with! I stamped my sky using PKS " Cloudy Day" (another MUST have stamp). For my grass I die cut that using the same spellbinder but only did a portion of the paper. The paper hoarder in me couldn't waste a whole piece of paper! LOL! Once I adhered the grass part, I stamped the image of the watering can & flowers. I then stamped the image on white card stock so I could color it with my Copics. But something wasn't sitting right with it. So I decided to stamp just the flowers and the tip of the spout out (colored them with my Copics) so I could pop dot those images. The picture doesn't show the dimension it actually gives the card but it does make a impact in person! I then paper pieced the can and the leaves. For my water coming out of the watering I can I used my PKS "Happy Go Lucky Elephant" die. It has these neat little water cuts on it. So I added some glossy accents to give it some shine! Added a few more little details and hopefully my friend will think it is CUTE! I know I do!


Materials Used:

Peachy Keen ~ "Happy Flowers and Cheerful Phrases" ~ image
Peachy Keen ~ "Cloudy Day" ~ sky
Peachy Keen ~ "Happy Go Lucky Elephant" (die) ~ water
My Creative Time ~ "Teeny Tag Greetings w/ dies" ~ sentiment
Spellbinders
Martha Stewart punch
Copics
Memento Ink
Sakura pen

Also my sweet friend and fellow design team member Katie, from Crafting with Katie , is guest designing today over at My Creative Time while Emma is taking care of Baby Arron in the hospital. PLEASE say lots of prayers for the Aguilar family! Also Katie will be announcing the winner of the blog hop too!

15 comments:

  1. Kim, it is adorable, love the little watering can .. I am so sure your friend is going to love it.. The flowers will definitely will a smile to her face. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kim!!! LOVE those peachy flowers and your coloring is just gorgeous!!
    Hope your having a GREAT week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute...love the little faces! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this card is absolutely ADORABLE!!! Your coloring is perfection - why would you ever need to take a class??? You should be giving them! I really love how you've been using the Spellbinders on your cards - they just center everything so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card my friend. Your coloring is awesome. Love it. Sorry haven't been around got my wisdom tooth pulled out yesterday.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness kim this sooo perfect! your copic color is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is soooo stinkin cute !! love the coloring job you did WOW! thanks so much for participating this week at Peachy Keen!!!!

    Michelle- DT
    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLY CRAP!!! This is AWESOME!!! And because that is one of my FAV stamps...i know this card must be HUGE! hehehe........it's totally rad!;) thanks SO MUCH for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW Kim,your card is just ADORABLR!I LOVE those peachy keen flowers,Have a great day my sweet friend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! my friend this card is "ADORABLE" and all the elements such the water from the elephant die which by the way was a great idea with the glossy accents! OMG! and the paper piecing love that detail! VERY cute. BTW I got my PK stamp from PKS and can't wait to use it. you're right a must have!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty!! That image is adorable and your coloring is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab u lous Kim!!! Your copic coloring is awesome, that watering can is awesome! Great job lady!!! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay so I have some catching up to do. I was looking at your previous post, close up, and I thought, WOW what a nice cloud background. What did she use? Then I read that you were inspired by my tutorial. (You flatter me!) Of course I love the gingham frame and kite! I posted my comment here because you had over 100 comments on the actual post. Beautiful job Kim! And thanks for being so sweet! Now this card is also a real cutie colored to perfection! How clever to use the water droplets from the elephant set. Another great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card!!!!

    Love how you used the Spellbinder die :)

    ReplyDelete