Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Peachy Keen Challenge 21::" 3~D Objects You've Been Framed!

Yeah 2 weeks in a row I get to play along over at the Peachy Keen Challenge! This week it is ALL about frames! Well I have had this frame, from Micheal's for about a year now that I bought for $1.oo. After searching high and low for this I FINALLY found it! I knew what picture I wanted to use and the idea was rather simple! This picture is of my son from last year when we were taking down his pool. We have one of those ~ blow up one ~ we call it our "redneck" pool! Hey it works for him and us to keep cool in the summer. Anyway my hubby used a pump to take out all the water and my son had a BLAST playing with the hose! Honestly he had more fun with that hose than in the pool! Go figure! LOL! So I stamped my background using their new "Cloudy Day" background stamp! I have to say this is a "MUST HAVE" stamp! I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I used some Stampin Up paper that is wonderful to have for grass and made them sort of look like hills. I paper pieced my PKS sun and popped the face to give it a little dimension. Then I just couldn't resist using that CUTE duck! I just LOVE him too! I liked the look of the cloud stamp so much I decided to use that for my background for my tag ( which I cut in half). For my sentiment I used 2 different My Creative Time stamps. That is what I LOVE about those stamps ~ you can mix and match them to what you need. Added my favorite Stampin Up ribbon for a little accent! I LOVE how this frame turned out ~ simple and quick to put together!

I took 2 pictures so you can that the goggles also have acetate for the lenses! Plus you might be able to see my picture of my little man better! LOVE how that water looks in the picture! He had the BEST time with that hose makes me smile just looking at it again!




Materials Used:
Peachy Keen Stamps ~ "Cloudy Day" ~ background for the sky
Peachy Keen Stamps ~ "Large Sun PK~246" ~ sun
Peachy Keen Cottage Cuts ~ "Duck w/ Egg" ~ duck
Peachy Keen Cottage Cuts ~ "Duck Accessories" ~ tube and goggles
My Creative Time ~ "Tag Dies" ~ tag cut in half
My Creative Time ~ "Camera Shy" & "Have Fun in the Sun" ~ sentiments
Paper ~ Stampin Up and Paper Trey Ink
Pearl pen for polka dots on tube
Archival Ink
Stampin Up ribbon
Acetate

17 comments:

  1. what a great find for the price and you have made it even cuter, sweet frame....great job with the challenge!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i can see why you would be smiling looking at this precious picture, it is just too sweet. i love that little duck.. hugs from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh kim your frame is simply adorable! I love the little ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! I just love it! And I so love that sun stamp and how you did the goggles!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut the door, this frame is just to darn cute!!! I love love the whole little scene you created.. Thanks so for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps..

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable frame, LOVE the little scene you created Kim!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is FABULOUS. I am afraid if I start making frames I will get addicted and then run out of room! My daughter made about 5 or 6 of them and they are everywhere on her book shelves. Maybe I should make them for gifts for the holidays!Then I can create and don't have to worry about the space. : )

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Kim,this is way TOO CUTE!AWESOME job with your sweet PK frame,I LOVE the cute little ducky and great picture!!SUPER SUPER job my friend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kim, this is WAY too cute. What a precious moment to have in a beautiful frame. The whole little scene is perfect. The sun, cloud background and duck just make me smile. Perfect sentiment too. Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww! How cute is that!! I just love the pic of your little one! Looks like he was having so much fun! The frame turned out beautiful :) the duck with the goggles is too cute!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL you crack me up. I asked hubby to buy us one of those and he said the neighbors might think we are Ghetto. Your little man is all kinds of cuteness. Love your frame it is beautiful that little duckie is almos as adorable as your little man..

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely ADORABLE Kimberly!! I love the scene that you created and that darling little ducky. Fab job sweetie and thanks for joining us at PKS Challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Kim:) this is the CUTEST frame!! I thought the clouds were a designer paper, I'm so going to buy this after my comment:) I really need one, well not need but want one LOL!! I love all the detail and OMG! I have that duck and I'm so taking this idea my friend!! Ryan sure is having a BLAST! I need to dig my frames out and put them to use:) Have a fantastic weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. OHHHH I LOVE this!!! Such a great frame for a summer picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you altered this frame. Congrats on making top 3. That hose looks so powerful! So cute!

    ReplyDelete