Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Creative Time Throwback Thursday ~ "Color" Challenge

Good morning! Welcome to My Creative Time "Throwback Thursday Challenge"!  This challenge will be a "COLOR Challenge" Miss Emma has chosen this BEAUTIFUL picture to not only challenge the design team but to challenge you!!! How fun does that sound!!!  All you have to do is use ANY older cartridge and create any project of your choice ~ card, layout, 3~D, home Decor but just get inspired by the picture! DEADLINE for the challenge will be on Wednesday, June 20th! Easy right!

So for my card today I have ALWAYS wanted to use this mushroom! I just LOVE when I see other crafters using it and thought it is about time I give it a try! I cut it out at 5 inches. I wanted to use as many colors I could see in the picture. The one color that stood out the most to me, believe it or not, is the natural wood with the peg sticking out! So for my base I used a real neutral color. I LOVE to layer ~ so my mushroom cap was cut out twice ~ to add a little depth. I also wanted to try and use as many different patterns and textures as possible ~ again inspired by so many of you who are able to do this. I inked up the edges, tied a a big bow on the stem and added some burlap for grass!  All my stamps and dies are from My Creative Time and the hemp & burlap is from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique.  Easy and quick card!


Materials Used:
Cricut Cartridge ~ Cindy Loo ~ mushroom
My Creative Time ~ "Floral Sentiments" ~ "Hello"
My Creative Time ~ "Build A Banner Kit" ~ 2 of the banner dies
My Creative Time ~ "Coffee Break" ~ sleeve with sentiment on it
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ burlap and hemp ~ grass and bow for button
Paper ~ Paper Trey Ink and Basic Grey ( Shine On...)
Paper Trey Ink ~ button
Ink ~ Archival

 So head on over to Emma's blog at My Creative Time and see what the design team has in store for you all ~ I am sure you will be inspried!

16 comments:

  1. I'm loving this card, Kim! The burlap makes perfect grass - how clever!!! I'm also "dying" over your collection of dies for the sentiment - awesome!!! You are making me wish I had Cindy Loo for that cut mushroom cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all of those awesome products you used. The burlap grass is SO perfect!!!! That orange ribbon makes me super happy. It is beautiful and your whole card is awesome! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I love the burlap "grass." I was also trying to incorporate that burlap into a project, it never quite made it! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love visiting your blog my friend. You always have something that inspires me. Love how that burlap really look like the grass. Great Paper Choices too. Love Love it.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. This is just awesome .. I love the burlap for the grass. You are always thinking outside the box... I love your quick and easy cards.. You always add just the perfect litte touch to make them pop. .. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. The burlap grass is a great idea and that is one cute mushroom! Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything comes together so beautifully Kim! I love the patterns and the grass is perfect! Great job! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS job Kim!your card is great with that cute mushroom,I LOVE all the details and patterns!looks AMAZING my friend!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Your layering is perfect and I just love the burlap for grass!!! Perfecto!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word Kim, this card is GORGEOUS, I love the soft colors and the layers!! I LOVE that burlap too OMG!!! it lovely:) I know have to go look to see if I have that cartridge and and maybe I can convince Mr. Pimentel to use it this Saturday LOL!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. kim this card is amazing! I love the soft color and the burlap for grass is FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, this is so cute! I LOVE the burlap grass, so cool!!! Love the ribbon too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just so cute!! I love the burlap for the grass! You are so creative! And your bow is to die for! :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card Kim.Love all the depth and texture you've given it.Great idea for the grass.Have a fun weekend.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this Kim!!! Great colors and perfect added elements!! FAB job as always my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete