Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Creative Time ~ Thrify Thursday

Today is  "Thrifty Thursday" over at My Creative Time! This is where Emma and the design team use scraps or anything recycled. Well this is right up my alley! I have TONS and TONS of scrap pieces of paper! So sad how I can't seem to let one itty bitty piece of paper go! Anyway I thought this would be a PERFECT time to play along! Oh we must use the color GREEN! Easy right!

 So I wanted to make a CAS card ~ not sure I TOTALLY achieved it but it works for me ~ LOL! I plan on giving this to my Mom ~ who I am very lucky to have and don't tell her often enough.  So I used Emma's new "Treat Slider Box" ~ this is a Pre~order item only. This die is worth purchasing because you can use the individual dies in so many different ways. I chose to use one of the wrappers as a label or tag for my sentiment. I also used the new stamp set "You're My Pot of Gold" with the shamrock die! This little guy is ADORABLE! I just LOVE that Emma's dies have her signature stitching on them too. I cut the shamrock out a few times and added some pop dots to give it a little dimension. I also decided to bling it up with my favorite Martha Stewart glitter. My ribbon is May arts ribbon and the ink is by Stampin Up. Unfortunately I didn't use to many of my scraps for this card because the card is so tiny but hey at least I used some of them right??

 
Don't forget to join us over at the Designer Challenge hosted by Miss Cathryn! Click here for all the details.

18 comments:

  1. your little card is so sweet and so is your "MOM" story you have no idea how wonderful your mom is going to feel upon receiving this little things like this mean all the world to us moms because when your kids grow up and are on their own it's awesome to receive something like this 'cause now you are not only daughter and mom but can be best friends too and there's nothing in the world that's ever better than this.YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gorgeous CAS card my friend and I know your mom will also!!! The colors are perfect and that ribbon~ LOVE it!!!!
    Great way to use the die :)
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Thursday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks sooo PRETTY Kim!I LOVE the color and layers,just BEAUTIFUL my sweet friend!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful Kim, I love it! Have a wonderful day! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi'ya Kim! First of all, I LOVE the lime green and white and I think you did a fabulous job with the CAS! How cool is that candy wrapper?! I didn't know it came with the set....gonna have to go take another look at that set :)
    LOVE the chunky glitter too! Oh, and that pretty ribbon! Your mom is going to love this card!!!
    PS....I heard from the girls....they're NOT winning! HAHAHA...that'll teach 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, your creations are INCREDIBLE! I always ooh and aw at them. This turned out BEAUTIFUL! I love that ribbon on there and that sparkly shamrock ROCK! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card Kim!!!!!! Love the sparkly shamrock!!!!!! And as always the perfect ribbon!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your card looks clean and simple. The greens all match so well too. Don't you love the wrapper for the sentiment labels? My scraps tend to be on the very small side also...my trash looks like confetti :D Great card!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! What a lovely card. I love the soft, pretty greens you used. I think your Mom will adore this card and I bet she feels the same way about you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color, I think you did an awesome job with your card my friend. Love the Shamrock, I can't seem to achieve a CAS card either. Hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super cute! LOVE how you used the slider wrapper and the sweet clover die:) I need to dig into my bin of scraps, yikes...way to much! I should just run it through the shredder and start over, lol!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card! Your mom is going to love it:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there my dear friend:) Happy Monday to you:) Wow what a clean and simple card, love it:) I hope you had a fantastic weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Little but perfect Kim! Fab card and love the blinged up shamrock!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. totally love it Kim!!!! sorry I haven't been by in some time! :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, I admit, I didn't read your post yet. I wanted to tell you there is a typo in the title on "thrifty". You spelled it Thirfty. Just FYI. I will go read your post now. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. thanks for visiting my site earlier and commenting on my OLD layout! Appreciate the support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great card you craft so clean and neat! You could sell your cards!
    Deb C

    ReplyDelete