Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Peachy Keen Challenge 13::9 Just Cards:: Oh My stars

Good afternoon hope every one is having a wonderful day today! Last night the storm FINALLY hit us. Woke up to 9 to 11 inches of snow! No school for my little man and no work for me!! YEAH!! Thank goodness its melting fast ~ LOVE March snowfalls ~ they don't stay around long! Come on Spring ~ I need sunshine and warmth!

Anyhow after hanging out with my little man this morning I carved in some time to play along this weeks challenge over at Peachy Keen Challenge. I so miss playing along but family and work comes first. This week we were asked to just make cards and include stars on the card! So I looked through my PKS stash and came across the stamp set PKSC -08 August 2012 . This week I saw my son's teacher and another teacher ( she sees him sometimes at recess) and they both had the nicest compliments about him! I just ADORE his school and the awesome people/staff that treat our children with so much love! I couldn't let this go by without telling him congratulations on being such a good boy! We are very proud of him!

With all that said, I heat embossed the school house from this stamp set in the background. Used this CUTE little tablet paper stamp and a face for my star from this stamp set. All school related! My stars are from my stash ~ I seem to have a ton of things I seem to cut out but don't use ~ so using my scraps right now are what I am about. So I have no clue what cartridge these are from. But I do know that my little tiny stars are from Emma's, over at My Creative Time, new release. So are those ADORABLE scissors! I just paper pieced them so the handle was black and the actual sheers were shiny silver. I will list all materials below.

Well I am off to clean my work space up and now prepare my third and final meal for the day! UGH! So nice to have them home but I am constantly getting snacks and cleaning up dishes when he is home!

 
Materials Used:
Peachy Keen ~ "PKSC~08 August 2012" ~ tablet paper, school house and face
My Creative Time ~ "Vintage Stitched Label Dies" ~label die
My Creative Time ~ "Vintage Sentiments Stamp Set" ~ sentiment
My Creative Time ~ "Chunky Jar Accessories" ~ scissors
My Creative Time ~ "Stitched Button Dies" ~ small button stars
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique ~ hemp ~ can't really see it but it's there (LOL)
Paper ~ DCWV (Grade School), Paper Company and Paper Trey Ink
Martha Stewart Glitter
Martha Stewart embossing powder
Archival Ink,Stampin Up and Versa Mark
Ribbon from my stash
Sakura Pen
Glossy Accents
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Just fabulous...love the school in the background and the awesome ribbon...LOVE IT!!!Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super adorable Kim!!! I love the embossing and great colors and that star is awesome!!!
    Thanks for sharing my friend and stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have found the perfect papers and ribbon for your school theme. The white on black embossing?? look great. I like the 2 toned scissors too. Great job.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. kim, oh my goodness this is too stinkin' cute! I saw it on facebook and had to come by and see it again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE this card! So fun and so much going on!!
    GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, I love your card! Its so cute! Truly a winner:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    moni023 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGeeee! I love everything about this! That school house peeking out from the background is fabulous! Those scissors of course...that ribbon...the notepaper...ALL OF IT!!! AWESOME my friend!!! Great job!!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super duper cute!! I am going to catch up on my comments if I can get a few in before bed. I love this card and all the elements you added to it. The ruler ribbon is so awesome too and that pop of yellow with the red...my fav!! Great job my friend!
    Hugs,
    Deb C
    bugjuiced

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh -what a darling card! Love,love,love the embossed schoolhouse, that is just too cute. All of the accents you added are just perfect. From the note paper to those amazing tiny little scissors - I LOVE it all ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE it! The colors, the school, the star, the theme....EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW BEAUTIFUL job Kim!your card looks FANTASTIC with all the GREAT details,I LOVE LOVE LOVE it my sweet friend!!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable Kim!Sorry I'm late catching up. The snow sounds like loads of fun!
    Have a great week.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome Kim! The scissors are incredible with the two colors and your layering is perfect! Great job! Love and hugs, Cathryn 😍

    ReplyDelete
  14. Knew this was a winner the minute I saw it Kim!!
    Congratulations on making Top Peach!!!
    Love Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kim this card is amazing! I LOVE it to pieces!! Your Top Peach is rightly deserved! The whole design is so well put together! Congrats my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Had to stop by again and say "Congrats" on being chosen "TOP PEACH" this week! I just loved this card and had a feeling you nailed it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Helloooooooooo Kimmie! Geez, I have been the biggest slacker! I just love the bold colors on here....very eye-catching. And I am lovin' the white heat embossing on the black....you know I'm storing that in my "gotta try that" section of my brain...LOL! Very cool card and "WAY TO GO" Ryan! Keep up the good work! Oh, did I see someone mention Top Peach? WOO HOO!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, could this be any cuter, Kim? Your embossing looks so awesome against the black, and I am in love with what you did with the scissors! Ryan must have loved this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK.... You, again, with the perfect ribbon!!!!!! This is so cute!!! Love the white schoolhouse on the black background!!!!!! Love the scissors too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete