Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Peachy Keen Challenge 13~10 :: Photo Inspiration

Good evening! I just wanted to share my card I made for this weeks challenge over at Peachy Keen Stamps. We were given a photo for inspiration. We could interpret the photo anyway we saw it. I was inspired by all the greens and the browns but what caught my eye was the hint of red and the white snow. The picture sort of remind me of our early spring here. One day you notice your perennials popping up from the ground then get 9~11 inches of snow! This just happened last week ~ my poor crocuses. I so need Spring to come! I am NOT complaining ~ some of you have been hammered with snow ~ I will keep my complaining to a bare minimum! LOL!

So with all that said I decided to pull out my PKS ~ "Potted Flower" dies. I just ADORE these little dies! They really do make me smile and anytime I get the opportunity to use them I do! I used two different greens for the leaves. I LOVE how Gerber daisies leaves are so big so I tried to imitate that look. My idea was to just show the process of nature ~ in a CUTE way. The white we will call my snow ~ LOL ~ the kind you don't have to shovel! I must admit I had this whole entire card put together and photographed and when I downloaded them something didn't seem right ~ it looked boring!  So I tore the whole card apart and started over. It was missing the "Lattice Background" stamp on the brown and Kraft card stock! I ended up heat embossing it it and that little face! I just LOVE to use a colored ink and clear embossing powder together! The look is pretty cool let alone the feel of it ~ IMO.

Well that is all I have for you tonight but I will be back tomorrow with my MCT 3~D Wednesday project. All other materials will be listed below! Thanks for always being so sweet and kind!
 
 
 
 
 
Materials Used:
 
Peachy Keen  ~ "Potted Flower" ~ dies
Peachy Keen ~ "Lattice Background Stamp" ~ background on brown and Kraft paper
My Creative Time ~ "Thank You Hugs" ~ sentiment
My Creative Time ~ "Stitched Oval Die" ~ die with sentiment
Paper & Ribbon ~ Paper Trey Ink
Ink ~ Archival, Tim Holtz and Versa Mark
Clear Embossing powder
 
 

13 comments:

  1. eeeeekkkk...I LOVE this card! Kim this is just so darling! Love that sweet little flower finally making it's way into the sunshine. I just love your take on this week's challenge - a great reminder that spring is on it's way ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok this is AWESOME!! Totally TOP Peach screaming all over this card!!!
    LOVE your take on the photo and the card design is amazing!!!!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!! Can I say that I simply ADORE this card!!!! Brilliant!!!!!!
    Just love the way you have the flower growing!!!!! Did I tell you it's brilliant!!!! Yes, I guess I did! Well let me say it one more time, 'cause three times a charm, BRILLIANT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the colors! and I just LOFVE the potted plants die!!! BTW....It's gonna be 89 degrees here today!!! Neener Neener Neener!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely, positively LOVE LOVE this card!!
    The way you have the flower blooming is so creative, and the lattice background is awesome!! Fabulous card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creatively cute! Makes me so ready for spring! Great job! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy sweet mother of adorableness!!!! This so super totally rocks!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Thanks for playing along with us again at PeachyKeen!!! :)

    ♥ Nikki ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Kim,I TOTALLY LOVE your card!It is just perfect my friend,SUPER job as always!!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kim, this is downright MAGIC!! How CLEVER to 'grow' the flower like that.LOVE your work my friend and so happy that you played along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy smokes!! I'm trying to get my jaw off the floor because this card is definitely a jaw dropper!! You are so creative my friend!! I agree this SCREAMS Top Peach!!!! I love the little pot dies and your flowers!! AWESOME job my friend! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness how CUTEEEEE... , clever and creative!! LOVE it and will have to borrow this idea my friend:) I'm pinning this cute card:)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete